In the Middle Ages throughout the Absheron peninsula, many towers, castles and other defensive structures were built, which had a very different, including a religious purpose. All of them have similar features and are built in local (Shirvan) architectural traditions.
- Inspection of the Round tower in height of 16 m in the village of Mardyakan. The tower has 3 storeys and is surrounded by stone walls with a height of 7 m. The building inscription, carved on a stone above the entrance to the tower, informs the date of its erection - 1232 and the name of the architect - Abdulmajid ibn Masud;
- Inspection of the Quadrilateral Tower in the center of Mardyakan village, next to the Tuba-Shahi Mosque (1482). It is erected in XIV in. The 22 meter height of the dungeon provides excellent circular visibility on land and at sea. Tower - 5-tiered. The size of the courtyard enclosed by the 7-meter-high walls is 28 x 25 m. In the courtyard of the castle, more than 30 carved in limestone, jug-shaped storages and wells have been discovered.
- Acquaintance with the old oil fields and medieval (XIV centuries) castle near the village of Ramana.