Azerbaijan, as a country with the highest number of mud volcanoes in the world, really has something to surprise its guests.
Because mud volcanoes - is really unusual geological phenomenon, which takes you to another planet:
Cone-shaped elevations with craters give interesting feeling like you are somewhere on the Moon or on Mars.
And yet, as opposed to the other countries with mud volcanoes, activity of mud volcanoes in Azerbaijan continues to the present day.
Climbing to the volcanoes of Gobustan
Program of the tour:
• Leaving Baku in the morning in the direction to Gobustan (60 km)
• On the way visit the XV century Caravanserai and Gobustan Historical Museum
• From Gobustan drive up the mud road to the foot of the volcano Kyagnizadag (397 m)
• Go up the southern slope to the top and descend on the north-western side of the mountain
• Go to the foot of the volcano Toragay 399 m (about 4 km)
• Climb to the top of the Turagay volcano and descent to the road
It is also possible to climb on top on the off-road cars.